Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Brace Face


Back in the olden days, dentists and orthodontists thought that retainers only had to be worn for a few years after having braces. Turns out, they were wrong. In fact, they now tell you that you should wear a retainer for the duration of your life so that your teeth don't shift.

So this morning I went to my dentist to get my new retainers to prevent my teeth from shifting further. And while these 'tainers were expensive, let me tell you, they are so much more hi-tech. Gone are the days of ugly wires and a red palate (meant to resemble your actually palate I would guess).

Sexy, I know.

My retainers are clear and look like the Crest White Strips! I honestly can't wait to pop them in tonight and show them off to my boyfriend (who has old school retainers - hah!).

We'll be adorkable together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment