Monday, June 15, 2009

Aging Soles


In a search to determine why I can't seem to stand on my feet for hours on end, to figure out why after a night of dancing the bottoms of my tootsies are crying out in pain, I ran across an article titled, "What's in Store for Aging Feet?"

I had no idea that the soles of my feet could age! I had no idea that your feet keep growing! Apparently, similar to your nose, your feet get longer. And flatter. In fact, people over the age of 40 can gain half a shoe size every year.

Whoa. This is really depressing news for someone who prides themselves on nice, average size 7 shoes (8 in running shoes)

Also, our soles lose their padding. No wonder my feet are hungover after a night of bouncing around the Irish Times dance floor. It makes me not want to use the ped egg. Shouldn't we be conserving our calluses, not ped egging them off?

This is a lot to digest on Monday. I'm going to kick up my slowly deteriorating feet and mull over my next steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment