Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What Do I Want To Be?


People used to ask me, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" When I was five, I wanted to be a vet. When I was ten, a writer. When I was 15, an actress. At age 18, a journalist. At 22, I finally landed in the public relations sector.

And then all of a sudden, people started asking, "Is this what you want to do with the rest of your life?"

My response: Heart palpitations. Sweaty palms. Hyper-focus on my daily life in the office.

The REST OF MY LIFE. It's so ominous. It's so (hopefully) loooooooong.

IS this REALLY what I want do forever? If it's not, what is it that I DO want to do??

Do I want to go back to school? Write on the weekends? Visit a life coach? Up my Zoloft intake and call it a day?

How is that as I get older, I find myself more lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment