Friday, August 28, 2009

The Un-Friending Effect


I've been UN-friended.

This shouldn't be a big deal, this small action shouldn't cause me to get excited, shouldn't make me huff and puff about the nerve of someone hitting the UN-friend Facebook button. I mean, if they UN-friended me, I probably wasn't that friendly with them to begin with.

BUT.

The ex-boyfriend, the one you might have read about yesterday, the one who FRIENDED me just a day ago... well, he UN-friended me today. A Facebook break up! Not as dramatic and hardly as hurtful - but a breakup nonetheless.

Granted - if he read the blog post, he probably realized it was about him, and I'm sure he was insulted.

But, as I pointed out, I'm not the one who friended him. I would never have actively hit the "add as friend" button. I mean - he broke up with me 3 hours before we were supposed to go on a vacation together. 3 HOURS! What was he expecting? A welcome back party back into my life?

BUT. I digress.

As the shock of being UN-friended wears off, I find myself a little disappointed (no more stalking!) But more importantly... I feel a sense of joy. Sort of similar to what I felt yesterday.

Because apparently, my ex-boyfriend and now former Facebook friend, still has commitment issues.

Validation? I think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment