Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aggressively Normal


My friend WR pointed out to me the other day that one side effect of taking Ambien is that you can become "aggressively normal." After much research, I still don't really understand what this means.

Because honestly, what's normal? Much less aggressively normal???

If I pop an Ambien, instead of getting sleepy will I become exceedingly friendly? Will I scream at the Starbucks lady for taking too long to make my drink? Will I offer my seat on the metro to a perfectly healthy human capable of standing on their own two feet?

I feel like I'm far from normal, so maybe it would just make me act like a normal person, rather than an aggressively normal person.

New to my bucket list: Take an Ambien and see where it leads me

1 comment:

  1. I know aggressively normal people. They try to keep up appearances, have a long check list they live by and can’t fathom straying from it, belong to a fancy gym because it (possibly) improves their social status and they think they are better because they have more than others. They try waaay too hard to be something that only people like them notice.

    ReplyDelete