Friday, July 31, 2009

AARP Has Come Calling


I came home a couple of weeks ago I opened my mailbox and pulled out, well, the mail (shocker, I know). I sorted through the pile
  • AT&T bill

  • Crate & Barrel catalog

  • Bed Bath & Beyond Coupon (YAY! I also then proceeded to search through the waste bin by the mailslots to find the discarded coupons. I mean really, who throws away COUPONS that NEVER go bad?!?!)

  • People Magazine

  • AARP Packet

Wait. What?

Yes, a whole packet asking if I would like to join the AARP community and subscribe to their magazine.

Thoughts flew through my brain on the elevator (as I hid the packet between the 10 Bed Bath & Beyond coupons and People magazine).

How did they get my name?

Why do they think that I'm old enough to be part of the retirement community?

I fell into a deep depression for about one minute, ranting and raving throughout my one bedroom apartment. Then I remembered - while I'm only 2 years away from turning 30, I'm 20 YEARS AWAY from turning 50!

Even so.

I promptly through the packet into the garbage and then swiftly tied up the trash bag and threw it down the shoot.

Out of site. Out of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment