Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Average Age...


I have always been a late bloomer. My first kiss? Age 16. My first boyfriend? Age 18. My first marriage? Oh, wait...

Anyway, I decided to see how far below the curve I fell. Turns out, I am really really not normal. Not anywhere close to it.
The typical age an American...
  • Loses their virginity, according to a worldwide Durex survey, is 17.3 years - I was 18 years old when I lost mine prom weekend (feel free to use the Virginity Calculator to help you determine the average age of when you should - or were supposed to - lose your virginity)

  • Gets married is 26 years old for women and 27 years old for men

  • Has their first child is 24.9 years old

  • Buys their first home is 30 years old

Late bloomer status is fully embraced.

No comments:

Post a Comment