Thursday, July 30, 2009

Living on the Dr. Seuss Farm



Cankles.

Muffin Top.

Bunions.

Crow's Feet.

Spider Veins.

It sounds like a I live on a Dr. Seuss farm.

Lately I feel like I've been inundated with stories about how to cure the above ailments.

The other day, as I daydreamed about a Baked & Wired cupcake and stared angrily at my boring lunch (Campbell's soup - again), the Today Show had a segment about "cankle lipo!"

On the plane last week, Self magazine informed me about how to rev up my metabolism. Turns out, you have nothing to worry about in your 20s, but once you hit 30 you better be hitting the gym. Hard. And counting calories. Often.

Good thing that Self magazine also had an article on the best way to pose in a picture to hide those pesky flaws. I studied that story and the accompanying image for about five minutes.

Because if I can't flaunt it, I better know how to fake it for the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha I saw that cankles story! Apparently cankles are this generations obsession while in the 70s it was saddlebags and 90s was the muffin top! Such nice terms!

    Side note, tried Baked and Wired the other day...Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete