Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm Emotionally Unavailable Right Now, Please Leave a Message


I have been highly emotional lately. Yesterday, I teared up while reading a People Magazine article about a dog named Nubs; cried at the end of So You Think You Can Dance; and sobbed while watching the movie Gran Torino.

I'm trying to figure out what to blame this wave of instability on... and I have no idea. I even took my temperature today to see if I had been inflicted with Swine Flu (I'm not, in case you were wondering; apparently, excessive emotion is not a symptom).

Maybe I just need a break from life. Perhaps my hormones are literally crying out for respite from my everyday routine.

Luckily for them (and my tear ducts) I'm packing my bags and heading out to the Dominican Republic on Sunday.

Though I'm sure I'll tear up a bit as I say adios to my boyfriend for two weeks. But then, my body should be prepared for a drought!

No comments:

Post a Comment