Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Stress-tro


I used to stress out about track meets, about passing tests, about what to wear on the first day of school. Now, I have the usual stresses, but I've added one more - the METRO. In the grand scheme of things, public transportation is not something to stress about (and based on my last post, I need to reduce my stress level to maintain my youth).

BUT.

When it's 8am and all you want to do is stroll down the one non-working escalator and people are blocking you from getting to your train and then you have to push past these people who give you dirty looks even though we are ALL supposed to be sharing the one escalator... It's pretty freaking stressful.

And when I finally get to my next train and I have to risk my life by standing almost in front of the incoming train just to make sure I get on and get a seat and then people run in front of me as soon as the doors open and then I watch as my seat is taken... it's pretty freaking stressful.

And then, as I'm standing in my sardine filled metro car with my gym bag and my work bag and my newspaper, in my uncomfortable heels, and I'm jostled foward and my newspaper goes flying and I fall into a sweaty worker bee and they give me a dirty look even though I apologize... it's pretty freaking stressful.

Sigh.

Perhaps I AM going to need botox...

No comments:

Post a Comment